Wednesday, November 8, 2017

2017 European Masters Certification (EMC) Part I, City College, San Francisco, CA

I finally took the opportunity to attend EMC Part I in San Francisco this past October.  I told everyone at work that this was not a vacation because I had heard that there was homework and studying involved.  I was right but it was a fabulous opportunity to learn floral design from an "European" perspective.  It was an analytical process which forced me to think differently and to view design in a precise way.


Wonderful studio at City College with a great array of containers!

Lesson number one.

Finished products.
Homework to analyze.
Decorative with vegative vines.

Lesson on horizontal line.





My assignment: horizontal, symmetrical design.

Lesson on upward movement.
Zero Point lesson.

Imploding design with several growing points.

My assignment:  Asymmetric design with the Growing Point outside of the container.

My assignment:  Zero point design

Demo on armature, spiraled hand-tied bouquet.
Demo on Active Color.

Final demo on Passive Color.
Thanks to Tomas, Hitomi, Aniko and Ania, City College and everyone else who contributed to this amazing, challenging workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment